Thursday 31 May 2012

even more soup...


 OK so you probably get the hint now that I really do love soup! But I must let you know also
that it's not the only thing I eat!! Because it's becoming a little cooler now soup is awesome to have for lunches. So I made a big pot today with my favourite vegetable, zucchini and my sister's fave, broccoli.

Here is my recipe for a delicious Zucc and Broc Soup:

Ingredients:
  • 2 TBsp oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, roughly sliced (or minced)
  • 2-3 stalks celery, roughly chopped
  • 1 carrot, roughly chopped
  • 3 medium/large zucchinis, roughly chopped
  • 2 TBsp plain flour
  • 1 Litre vegetable stock
  • 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
  • 1/2 cup soy milk *(optional)
Method:
  1. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
  2. Add onions, garlic, celery and carrot. Saute for 3-5 minutes.
  3. Add zucchini and flour. Mix through flour so it is evenly distributed.
  4. Add stock and bring to boil. Then simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
  5. Meanwhile steam broccoli and allow to cool.
  6. Add broccoli to soup and blend/process until smooth.
  7. Return to pot, add milk and heat til warm. Adjust seasoning and serve.
What is your favourite soup? Or are you like my partner and are not a fan of soup? What do you have it with? Toast? Bread? Crumpets? Nothing?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please leave some for me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...