Friday 25 May 2012

A healthy adventure...

My brother and sister in law invited Alexa and I on a health-food road trip the other day. They had heard of an organic health food super store here on the Coast and
were excited to check it out.

After some initial hiccups with the GPS taking us to weird places, I suggested having lunch at the all-vegan, all-raw cafe Lee and I had eaten at. I had been banging on about it ever since we had been, so they probably agreed to it just to shut me up!! No, I know my sister in law was especially keen to try their spread, my brother maybe didn't share the same enthusiasm. Again it was a pleasure to eat there.


The felafel.
My delicious burger.
While we waited for our meals I fed Alexa some custard. I felt a little bad feeding her dairy products in a vegan cafe!! But alas. The meals arrived and they looked AWESOME!! My brother had the felafel and, just like Lee, was pleasantly surprised! My sister in law had the burrito and I tried the burger. Gosh they were huge meals but because they are so healthy you feel as though you could pig out completely. Strangely though there is always room for cake! This time I controlled myself and took a photo before scoffing it down. We sampled the passionfruit 'cheesecake' and the caramel/chocolate cake.
So once lunch was had we ventured out again in search of the health food mega store. After some more detours courtesy of the GPS we arrived at our destination and OMG what a massive mega store. Why hadn't I ever heard of this place before? The Coast should be boasting like crazy about it. Or maybe they do but I've just been stuck under a log. Hahaah. Anyway we spent a good hour getting lost amongst all the organic fare which included fresh, frozen and tinned foods, as well as baby, body and makeup products. And I found so many vegan ingredients I'd never been able to find previously.  They even had an organic clothing store and cafe. AND they had roosters roaming about the place! It was a great experience. And I'll definitely be returning.


*Photo source: The Natural Food Store- http://www.hinterlandtimes.com.au/2011/10/08/i-miev-blog-2/ . All other photos are taken by me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Your meal looks delicious.
    Don't worry about feeding your infant custard in public. Babies cannot be vegan as they need a mothers bosssom full of goodness. Thank god for titties!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please leave some for me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...