Friday 25 May 2012

more lovely soup...

Today I made some more soup. I just LOVE soup. Some lovely sweet potato soup was had and
I must say it was delicious. It was very rustic and flavoursome and a comforting lunch on a dreary overcast day.

 
Ingredients:
1 TBsp oil
1 onion, chopped
2-4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
800g sweet potatoes, roughly chopped
2 cups vegetable stock
2 cups water
1 tsp rosemary (I used dried herbs but you could definitely use fresh)
1 tsp lemon zest, grated
1 TBsp lemon juice

 
 Method:

1. Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat.

2. Add onion, garlic and sweet potatoes. Sauté for about 10 minutes.

3. Add stock, water, rosemary and lemon zest. Bring to the boil and then simmer on low for 15 minutes or until sweet potato has softened.

4. Take saucepan off heat and blend/process/purée soup.

5. Return to heat and add lemon juice. Adjust seasoning.

6. Serve with your favourite accompaniment eg. crumpets- yum!!! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please leave some for me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...