Thursday 24 May 2012

Mother guilt...

My sister alerted me to the term 'mother guilt' about two years ago but not being an actual mum at the time I tried my hardest to emphasise with her. Now that I am a mumma
I truly understand the complexity of this guilt dragon. Even though it is coined "mother" guilt, you could probably just refer to it as female guilt. Because even the women who have decided not to become mums are chastised for their decision, by other women, hence onset of guilt. But that's going off topic! Sorry to get on my high horse there!!

Anyway lately I have been feeling said guilt quite strongly. I'm not sure whether it's due to impending uni studies therefore time away from Alexa. Or that I'm doing something for myself rather than for her. Or because Lee works so damn hard and I (in monetary terms) do not. I'm going to put it down to a combination of all three reasons. Oh it's a tough gig being a woman and a mummy and a partner, (not to mention work, study, cook, clean and look good) AND have a life as well, isn't it girls?!!!

How do you juggle all your commitments? What guilts have you been stricken by? And what strategies do you use to overcome them?

*quote source: http://blog.intoloop.com/funny-mothers-day-quotes/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please leave some for me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...