Tuesday 1 May 2012

a new timetable...

So I decided to take the first semester off uni this year. I took Alexa to one lecture but was so distracted with her that I pretty much missed all of what the lecturer was saying!
Plus then the little one got tired and started making noises- which when I listened to the play back of the class I could hear her in the background! Hahaha. Anyway I decided to defer the first semester and I'm so happy for it. Alexa has started solids so wonderfully and I am in a better frame of mind to begin studying again.

The semester two timetable has just been released and I am now trying to work out the best possible combination of classes to limit the amount of time I actually spend away from my bebe! So far I'm guaranteed Monday and Friday's off, YAY! Now the next decision is whether to study three or four subjects.

The last semester of last year, just before I gave birth, I only took on three subjects and oh my gosh it was so wonderful having one less class to worry about. It seems like a simple decision but having already taken six months off means that essentially I am six months behind. But like my partner says "Uni will always be there, Alexa wont be this age forever". I guess, though, that I'm not going to be this age forever either! I want to finish my degree so I can get out there and teach all those little tigers.

I seriously CANNOT wait to be a practising teacher. I hate that it took this long for me to actually figure out what I wanted to do. Although all the steps prior to this moment, career wise, have been amazing and what I have wanted to be doing at that present moment.

OK I'm going to try sort out my timetable now, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please leave some for me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...