Saturday 12 May 2012

craftiness and happiness...


The end product. I'm exhausted! Alexa is excited (I hope!).
Alexa and I have just come back from 10 days at my parents' farm in Victoria. We had such a great time hanging with loads of loved ones, all the animals and freshly newborn calves. However the shift in climates from Queensland to Victoria called for the need of numerous covers at bedtime. So...

I decided to make Alexa a sleeping bag. With all great intentions in mind I begun my little project with grandiose ideas. I used an old pattern of a romper suit but just cut longer 'legs' for the sack part of the sleeping bag. I thought that I'd be tricky and make a double-lined bag to beat the chill. That tricky-ness, however, ended up with me becoming best friends with the quick-un-picker!!! And a big mess of threads.
One wonderful lesson I did learn from it all was how to unpick over locked threads the efficient way- thanks Mum. Mum also taught me how to sew buttons on the machine and how to do button holes.

Six days into our stay I did finally finish the sleeping bag and I don't think Alexa took it off for the rest of the time! I'm really proud of the end product and its keeping Alexa snugly right as I type.


Mt. Thread-more! After all my quick-unpicking!
Crocheting is my next crafty project I want to conquer.













Alexa pictured here with Poppy Frank (this is my poppy, Alexa's Great-Pop...further explanation... My dad is now called Poppy and my pop is called Poppy Frank from the grandies! hahah does that make sense?!!)


Four Generations- My Pop, Dad, Me and Alexa. How cool are our farm clothes, its calving time at the farm. And just further proof that Lexi didn't get out of her sleeping bag!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please leave some for me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...