Monday 28 May 2012

Porridge with a twist...



My favourite part of the cooler months is warm brekkies. And that means PORRIDGE! I cook mine
the old school way- on the stovetop. One, because it turns out creamier and two, because we don't own a microwave!!! Hahah. I like to add all sorts of different things to my porridge and my new obsession is mashed bananas. Here is my recipe for creamy yummy narnie porridge.

Ingredients:
*I use a 1:3 ratio for oats to milk.
1/4 cup porridge (I use quick oats)
3/4 cup milk (I'm in love with light soy but you choose your variety)
2-3 TBsp sultanas
1/2-1 banana, mashed

Method:
1. In a medium saucepan place the porridge, milk and sultanas over a medium heat.

2. Stir until it begins to bubble. Then turn the heat down to low and stir until desired consistency. (It will get thicker once cooled).

3. Mash banana in the bowl you will use and add porridge to it. Mix through. Add more milk and any sugar if desired.

4. Now curl up in a cosy quilt and enjoy your hearty fare.

3 comments:

  1. Now that sounds just yummy ...but ....I will have to share some of my organic honey to drizzle over the top!! Keep the recipes coming Kendra and LOVING your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me happy that you are enjoying the blog. Honey would be a lovely addition but unfortunately isn't vegan! Try some maple or golden syrup as a vegan option. Happy days. Kendra x

      Delete
    2. There is a debate re honey being vegan or not. I was under the impression that all animal products were forbidden. Honey is from bees, an animal, therefore vegan?! Can anyone answer me this riddle?

      Delete

I love comments so please leave some for me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...