Saturday 23 June 2012

routine...


Apparently we humans thrive on routine. Apparently children thrive even more so. I have never been one for routine. I've always strived (strived? strove? hmm not too sure there!) to have routine, aspired to an organised and scheduled planned day, but have never quite got there. Lately I had been feeling
like I was forever cleaning the house and Lee would often comment saying I was OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) about the cleanliness and tidiness about the house. Of course I wasn't OCD but I was letting little things really bug me; a spot on the floor meant the mop was swiftly whipped out, no dish would be allowed to stay at the sink for longer than two minutes and I seemed to be continuously washing clothes, putting clothes on the line, taking clothes off line, folding clothes, putting clothes away EVERY SINGLE DAY!! And then as a knock on effect I would get into a foul mood about having to clean all the time, this was then affecting my attitude towards Lee, and as well I was cleaning more than spending time with Alexa and doing the more important things. So....
Hahaha excuse the scrapiness of it I was at breaking point!!


I have now devised a new cleaning routine. I'm not sure whether its because this is the first week of said routine but it has taken away what felt like a huge burden. I feel so free!!! I feel embarrassed to be admitting that I let cleaning stress me out! And this might seem strange too but I sort of look forward to what I need to do cleaning-wise on a particular day. Making this routine has somehow allowed more time in my day. Alexa and I have been going for walks again, which we used to do everyday before I let the cleaning monster take hold of me. I have been doing daily Pilate's workouts and I have also rearranged almost every room in the house, inside and out! (thought: Am I nesting?!!! Ah Oh!!!) Oh AND today I gave myself a mini mani and pedi- my toes haven't seen colour on them since summer!! And because cleaning isn't the central focus of my day anymore I feel so much happier

How do you manage your 'chores'? Do you use a routine or just go by the height of dirt building up?!! Have you ever let mess affect your mood or personality?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please leave some for me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...