Tuesday 19 June 2012

Carn the PIES!!!!

That title is just for shits and giggles, I don't actually barrack for Collingwood although I do have an affection for them purely because my 94 year old Poppy is an avid colly wobbles supporter! Anyway aside from AFL I wanted to share with you the wonder of pies. Hands up if you love pies...Hands up if you think a meatless pie cannot be attained...Hands down now kids, here it is, a completely meatless pie that looks EXACTLY like a dinky-di all Australian meat pie!



While perusing the health food aisle at my local supermarket I stumbled across canned meat substitutes AND they were on special, can't pass up a special!!! So I decided to grab a can of Sanitarium's Vegie Delights "Casserole Mince- in Gravy" not knowing what I was actually going to make with it. After sitting in my pantry for a little while I busted out my pie maker (a wonderful Christmas gift!) and fried off some onion and garlic, some sliced mushrooms and the contents of the canned meatless meat! I popped the mix into some pastry and straight into the pie maker and Waa lah! I think you could serve these up and no one would suspect that they are plant based and contain no animal products. Oh the mind boggles!!!

Serve with some good ol' dead horse (AKA tomato sauce- no dead horses in this kitchen please!!!), an icy cold beer and sit down to barrack your favourite sporting team on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please leave some for me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...