Saturday 9 June 2012

just to add on...

Sorry about my boobs just IN YOUR FACE!!! I just wanted to add on my love for these maternity/feeding singlets that I bought right before Alexa was born. I absolutely LOVE them and literally slept in them when breast feeding was
still being established, by that I mean my milk was all over the shop!!! They are super dooper comfortable and great all year round- in summer on their own or under a light top and during winter to keep the warmth in.

Also they are fantastic for when you happen to feed in public, no need to be nervous or self confident about baring your midriff to the world! I bought mine from Kmart for $12 (steal, I know) but I'm sure you can get them at other retailers if a Kmart isn't near you. You can get a range of different colours to match with your wardrobe so are very versatile as well. If you have big boobies I wouldn't recommend any sporting activities in them. Although they have a shelf bra this wont prevent you being hit in the face by your goods. So just wear when undergoing sedentary and leisure pastimes.

Another tip I forgot to mention previously (see pregnancy brain is still affecting me!) is to use feeding time as an opportunity to eat your daily fruits! The Australian Health Guidelines recommend that breastfeeding women should consume FIVE servings of fruit per day. Now I know for sure that I barely get in the recommended two servings for adults let alone five. So utilise the time you have when your feeding to chow down on some fruit snacks. Prepare any fiddly fruits before as you'll only have one hand free.

Photo source: http://www.safefood.qld.gov.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=102&id=323&Itemid=36

2 comments:

  1. Ken! I was at kmart 6 months ago looking for some basic singlets and they had these for $12 which looked like they were made from really nice soft fabric, or some shitty non-maternity ones with crap fabric for like $15. So i went for the maternity ones, haha. I came home and just unclipped my boob out to show troy and he thought it was the best invention out. hahaha. So they are both comfy and a laugh and im sure they'll come in handy in a year or so when we have 1. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha that's awesome! See who said maternity clothing can't be sexy?! I bought a size bigger for my growing body and that one is the most comfortable. Cant wait for your +1 Mrs. O! xo

      Delete

I love comments so please leave some for me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...