Sunday 22 April 2012

soup for the soul...

I ABSOLUTELY love soup! So I made a big batch of Minestrone to have for lunches.
There are loads of Minestrone recipes I know but I want to share the one that I always use
from the "Australian Family Favourites" cookbook.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cooked pasta (macaroni, spirals, etc)
  • 1-2 TBLsp oil
  • 1 leek, sliced
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 1 zucchini, chopped
  • 1 potato, diced
  • Large handful of green beans, chopped 3cm lengths.
  • 2 celery stalks (use the leaves too), chopped
  • 2 TBLsp tomato paste
  • 1 can tomatoes, diced
  • 8 cups stock (I use beef flavour- its vegan!)
  • 1 can beans (kidney, cannellini, 5 bean mix), drained and rinsed

Method:

  1. Heat oil on medium in a large saucepan, fry the leek and garlic until leek softens.
  2. Add carrot, zucchini, potato and celery.
  3. Allow veggies to slightly soften, about 5-10 mins.
  4. Add the tomato paste and canned tomatoes and stir.
  5. Add the stock, bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 mins or so.
  6. Stir the beans and pasta through, allow to heat. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please leave some for me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...