Friday 20 April 2012

A new cafe adventure...

I was on a vegan-motivation high the other day and found that the Sunny Coast was host to a organic/vegan/healthy cafe called "It's Rawsome"
(found via http://www.easyasveganpie.net/). So I convinced my meat-loving man to join me (grumbling the whole time that he would rather a schooie (schooner!!) of beer over rabbit food!) and we headed out into the sticks to stumble across what once was a roadside fruit and veg store.

It was pretty quiet being almost 2pm when we arrived but the menu looked delicious and being the guts I am I wanted to try it all! I swiftly decided on the Beetroot Ravioli which consisted not of pasta but really fine slices of fresh beetroot filled with their very own made cashew 'cheese' (tasted a lot like goats cheese). The host advised 'if you're new to this kind of food try the burrito', my man obliged and was pleasantly suprised!


We had to have dessert, well I did anyway, and got a chocolate caramel mouse cake- sorry I didn't get any pics of that we scoffed it down in about 10 seconds flat! I loved every bite there and left feeling really healthy and more motivated about my new food adventure. Cant wait to go there again, maybe I'll take my even more meat-loving dad there when they visit next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please leave some for me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...